Thursday, March 21, 2013

I don't have eyebrows anymore!


I  don’t have eyebrows any more.
I have a unibrow... one thick UNIBROW. I have not had a manicure or a pedicure in 6 months and I can’t remember the last time I went out in a cut sleeve for I have not waxed my arms in a rather long time. You think I’d be disgusted with myself? But on the contrary, I am happy and much at peace.

You know that feeling- right before you are about to step on a weighing machine- the feeling of anticipation that scares the crap out of you!
Well, even though I am not sure as to how exactly it happened but I am proud to announce that I have reached that point in life where WEIGHING MACHINES DON’T SCARE ME anymore,  I am a hearty 63 kgs at present and I am not one bit worried. I still do Yoga and am planning to join swimming next month but I am in no rush at all to shed the extra kgs

Recently, I was in Delhi for about three hours- I went to Sarojini Nagar – Picked up an entire summer wardrobe for a sum that would have only accounted for a single pair of jeans in the past- but it felt good to know that I did not spend the last one of my pennies on something as meaningless as clothes- because I have no shame in admitting that I am a classic case of Wardrobe-is-full-but-nothing-to-wear. It was good to know that I did not have to tell myself to stop – it just happened automatically- I went, I shopped and I left-  In the end I did not have to sullenly drag myself out of an expensive store just because I knew that there was no way that I could afford those Jimmy Choos . I just knew that it was time to leave and cater to other things- things far more significant and connected to the real world. Not once, did I wish to shop more and shopping was something that I never got tired of.
I remember going hungry to bed for three nights straight in my hostel once because I had spent all the money that I had on a dress that I have not worn more than three times in last 5 years.

When I went for a haircut a couple of days ago- all I did was to surrender myself to my hair dresser- not a single suggestion, doubt or question from my side and no exaggeration but I saw a look of sheer disbelief in his eyes. This guy has been doing my hair for past four years now – and he has seen me pay more attention to my hair than to my bank statement – I used to drive him insane with so many suggestions that everytime I took an appointment they kept half an hour extra for my never ending suggestions- to say the least, he was simply shocked to see my humble submission.
‘You are the best judge ya,’ I said, sinking in the chair, ‘do whatever you please – Just make sure it’s nothing fancy.’
And there fell his jaw!

I have an outdated phone, a not so fancy laptop, a basic camera (and mind you, these were all top notch models when I bought them first) but I just don’t see the point in updating any of these things because they are serving my purpose just fine and I don't see what's the point in getting involved in that rat race for gadgets.

I have reached a point where these things have started seeming so superficial to me that I’d rather sit home – read, write, eat something sensible, go to bed at a decent hour and wake up at a reasonable time.
I am finally in that place in my life where I can easily focus my attention on things which actually matter. I have been exploring this other side of me – a side that I wasn’t even aware, existed. You know  they say that at times you reach a point when you start to appreciate things on another level – only I never knew that I had another level.

Far from meaningless vanity, I have realised once and for all that not everything has to boil down to a 26 inch waist and 47 kgs weight- to 450 likes/picture-  or to an ex who once broke your heart -to a fancy party in a club-  to how you dress- or who you impress..

Life has sooooooo much more to offer – if only you’d open up to it!

Hell, I am twenty five – and life just got freaking awesome!

15 comments:

Veeshu said...

just loved this post!! i can relate so much with it..life is not only about the materialistic things we are caught up in..there is a lot more...and we can only explore it more only when we stop running after stupid things...keep up the good work!!

Unknown said...

neatly done :)

Talitha said...

No, I don't feel disgusted.I feel happy.Empowered even.
I only wish more women felt the same way.
That ALL women felt the same way.
Life would be easier.Much easier.:)

Anukool said...

That is exactly how i felt too,for TWO days,after taking Ecstasy!

Sanjana said...

What a very healthy attitude! Good for you!

savvy 4 u (setu) said...

stu,u changed..d grl i knew is gone n girl whose blog i hv been reading is d bst on her life rght nw..

Stu said...

THANK YOU EVERYONE - hearing back from you did clear one thing for sure that there is no dearth of like minded people on planet earth - Hi-5 to us !

Stu said...

and I do totally agree that if more people could think on these lines (not being women specific)- life would so easily uncomplicate itself..

Unknown said...

Incredible.....m speechless..m happy....u hv garnered my utmost respect.I wish my future wife shares similar thots...u r going thru a metamorphosis..and this parabolic change is..as I cn see is going to be beautiful.I really felt good..stutee...

Stu said...

hehe thanks Parth - I am flattered

Ridzy said...

Awesome.Neatly done and perfectly described ! I could relate to it. Not only did it inspire me.but also it serves like some eye opener..! U made my day.!!!

Unknown said...

Love this post stutee, went through a similar experience today, keel up the good work!

Unknown said...

Wonderful post Stutee! Went through a similar kind of experience today, keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

how abt a pyjama coffee date then?

Rupali said...

wow! :) m loving all ur blogs! they are way tooo true n pure n nice! excellent work!